Talent Acquisition Specialist
You see people first.
Success for you means ensuring that the right human is placed in the right role, at the right time.
This position’s primary focus is to partner with the Talent Acquisition Team to fill vacant Executive Assistant roles across North America.
You’ll be responsible for making sure Priority VA and its clients and all candidates have a high-touch, intimate, and professional experience with our team.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist role is PERFECT for you if you’re an intuitive, efficient self-starter with a knack for getting to know people quickly.
You’ve held a recruiting, HR, or talent acquisition role for at least three years and you have no problem juggling multiple pipelines and candidates with excellence and ease. Your calm makes the clients calm as they look to fill right-hand roles in their businesses. Your excitement keeps candidates engaged and ready to tackle the lengthy hiring processes our client’s high standards require.
You understand that it’s the little things that really count, a consistent update or random check-in out of the blue – and this mentality helps you excel in building relationships with everyone.
You’re excited to work in staffing and talent. People don’t annoy you, they invigorate you, and a role deemed difficult for others to fill actually fires you up to help leaders know that help is on the way.
Essential qualities for our ideal candidate include the ability to communicate with empathy and honesty, even when delivering difficult news, as well as attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills that ensure discretion and confidentiality for both clients and candidates.
This is a remote, full-time position and is NOT the right fit if you have other clients or other jobs that require your attention during normal working hours.
We value collaboration, however, as a fully remote business, we need someone who is able to work independently most of the time.
We’re not your average recruiting company — we strive not to be. So if the normal corporate recruiting world makes your head spin, we’ll be a breath of fresh air to be in a place where your out-of-the-box ideas will be heard, appreciated, and often implemented!
The Duties and Responsibilities
The mission of the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TA) is to contribute to the overall success of Priority VA by supporting our Talent Team in a variety of ways. This position is integral to helping our company, which is largely referral based, continue to grow. We grow only when we create great experiences for candidates and excellent placements for our clients.
The TA is reliable, consistent, and able to maintain a positive attitude in the workplace. We value work-life balance and encourage employees to manage their personal lives in a way that allows them to fully engage with their work responsibilities.
Since the TA will engage with a variety of personalities regularly via phone, text, email, and video conferencing tools such as Zoom, the TA must be able to maintain a friendly, engaging, and professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is an excellent communicator, regularly summarizing information as well as communicating internally and externally on behalf of the company.
The TA demonstrates being flexible, adaptable, responsive, and willing to handle multiple pipelines at the same time.
This role requires the TA to perform these duties daily:
- Conduct sourcing activities to fill open positions
- Write and post job ads based on specific client criteria
- Design and manage recruitment and selection processes, including resume screening, initial screen calls, and interviews
- Review employment applications and background check reports
- Build long-term relationships with past and potential candidates
- Manage candidate pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities
- Administer and review candidate assessments and host individual and group interviews with clients
- Utilize third-party screening tools to assess fit (We use Wunderlic & Kolbe!)
- Make presentations to clients using digital software like Canva
This role requires the TA to perform these duties regularly:
- Develop and execute innovative candidate attraction strategies to drive top talent to our company
- Work closely with clients to get a clear view of their company’s hiring needs and organizational goals
- Suggest new ideas for improving talent acquisition activities
- Communicate with and interview candidates in a timely manner
- Document interview findings in a cohesive way
- Assess fit for multiple roles simultaneously
- Update clients weekly on job search
- Send emails, follow up, and juggle the details of multiple clients and pipelines simultaneously
Skills, Abilities, and Experience
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 3 years experience in a recruiting environment serving 10 or more clients at a time.
- A strong ability to manage a personal workload daily with efficiency
- Track candidates, correspondence, appointments, and follow-ups regularly
- Use discernment in following all EEOC compliance requirements when engaging with candidates and clients
- Technically proficient in today’s ever-changing tech landscape
How You Show Up
- You’re laid back, but you’re a pro. You don’t need to be told what to do — you’re quick, resourceful, and able to anticipate what needs to get done to get jobs filled quickly.
- You have a professional remote work environment and you have a dedicated work space free from distractions or interruptions during your regularly scheduled work hours and you can be relied upon to get stuff done consistently, and on time from your home office.
- You are positive, have a high-empathy attitude, and get-it-done approach to life and work.
- Highly organized and able to manage your own workflows without being micro-managed.
- A high level of professionalism and emotional maturity.
You’re resourceful, and seek out (but don’t create) challenges to solve.
- You’re invested in your own personal development and want to work for a team that encourages growth
- Responsive and communicative. You know how to close the loop and confirm assignments are received and completed.
Tools You’ll Know How To Use
- Google Calendar and Workspace
- Apple’s Mac Products
- ATS systems (we use JazzHR currently, and will transfer to another platform this year)
- AI software to support your work, whether that’s writing excellent job descriptions, crafting
- Slack for daily team communication
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please complete the application listed at the link below, and prepare for the following steps in our hiring process:
- Initial Application (reviewed within 48 hours)
- Talent Acquisition supplementary questionnaire (reviewed in 48 hours)
- Initial Interview
- Work Project (60 minutes or less) & Kolbe Index
- Final Interview
- Background Check & Reference Check
- You start your new role helping to change the lives of both leaders and candidates
*Please note, applicants must reside within the US to be considered
Salary: $55,000-$70,000, based on experience
If you want to step into a role where you’re literally changing lives, this might be the role for you!
Want to learn a little bit more about Priority VA? Keep reading!
Want to learn a little bit more about Priority VA? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We help the best leaders in the world find the world’s best executive assistants.
In everything we do, we aim to make the best matches between leaders and EAs in North America. We fundamentally believe that the right EA is out there for every leader in North America. We want to ensure we do all we can to connect amazing leaders who creating massive change in the world with intelligent, thoughtful, and dedicated Executive Assistants that bring out the best in their leaders and help them do what they were uniquely created to do.
We lead a small, dedicated team committed to excellence and empathy.
Meet Trivinia & Chris
A former Executive Assistant, turned CEO, Trivinia founded Priority VA with her husband Chris in 2013 with the purpose of helping other humans create the work-life balance she craved in her corporate life.
What started as a fractional VA agency turned into a multi-vertical company serving leaders like Dean Graziosi, Todd Herman, Dr. Harry Grammer, The Ohm Store, Simple Green Smoothies, Social Media Examiner, STN Digital, Niyc Pidgeon, and hundreds more through our fractional and direct hire placement services. A speaker, podcaster, soon-to-be published author, and mom of four, Trivinia leads with direct communication and a heart to serve.
Chris joined Priority VA full-time in 2015 and serves as the COO, making most of Trivinia’s visions come to life, including her podcast *currently on hiatus for a re-brand, her course, The Momentum Method™, and the mastermind specifically for Executive Assistants, called Momentum Headquarters™.
Together they lead the small team at Priority VA to match entrepreneurs with the best executive assistants in North America.
When not working, you’ll find them scuba diving, playing games with their children, traveling and screaming for their daughter at track and field or cross country races.
We are collaborative.
➟ We are collaborative. It sounds simple enough- we work together to reach common goals. We embody, “we don’t do it alone”.
We do what we say we will do.
➟ So not only the rest of us on the team, but every person we come into contact with, whether it’s an email or a FB message, a phone call or a slack message… they will know that if we say we will do something, we will. It might be ugly, and it might push us to the edge of what we know we can accomplish, but we will keep our words.
We keep it real.
➟ We’re sincere, straightforward, and honest in all interactions with clients and teammates, even when it involves difficult conversations or delivering hard truths. This value fosters trust, transparency, and the freedom to be one’s true self without fear of repercussion, as well as a responsibility to oneself and others to uphold it.
We are growth-minded.
➟ We’re committed to learning, constantly seeking new opportunities and best practices, and valuing potential, capacity, and passion for learning over credentials or past accomplishments. This value is crucial for our success and survival of the company. If we’re not growing, we’re dying and we’re not having any of that.
We are relationship-based.
➟ We prioritize people and their relationships over revenue, valuing clear and empathetic communication, empowering and equipping team members, committing to hard work and persevering through failures, and creating a community that fosters engagement, collaboration, and impact.
Perks are nice. Since we’re remote, every day is bring your pet to work day, but here’s a sampling of what you’ll get when you join Priority VA.
- Optional 4 day work week. If you’d rather work four 10’s and have Wednesdays off for appointments or relaxation, go for it!
- Paid Holidays: be completely off when you’re off.
- Accrued Vacation: use it
- Team Retreats: at least once a year we’ll do something fun, somewhere fun and a passport may be required!
- Health Insurance: Healthy humans, create healthy families and healthy families create healthy communities.
- Vision & Dental Insurance: We love those bright eyes and healthy smiles.
- Life Insurance: We care about the hard things, too.
401(k): with a generous matching program, we’re investing in future you.
- Growth Opportunities. Want to take a class, or enroll in training? Let’s chat, and we’ll split the cost or foot the bill.
- Charitable Donation – we’ll donate to a charity in your name every year because what matters to you, matters to us.
Ever work at a place and think, I like everyone except…? That doesn’t happen here. We’ve got a no assholes policy. Anyone who has ever said “that’s not in my job description”, or “that’s above my paygrade” doesn’t align here. While the buck stops with Trivinia (and she’ll always have your back), this isn’t a dictatorship. No toxic personalities to contend with, and no chain of command to report to. Everyone is equal and everyone has a voice.
At PVA, we believe in creating a team that is not only productive and successful but also supportive and fun to be around. We value collaboration and open communication, and we foster an environment where everyone’s ideas and opinions are heard and respected. In fact, if you like to hide in the background, you’ll be very uncomfortable here. We know that when we work hard, we also need to take time to laugh and enjoy each other’s company and we intentionally seek out ways to build relationship.
We’re not family, (that can cross a boundary and we want to honor all of yours), but…we’re a team committed to our mission and each other. And, we also believe that when we feel connected and engaged with each other, we are more likely to produce our best work and achieve our goals. That’s why we are committed to building a team that not only works hard but also plays hard, and that genuinely cares about each other’s success and well-being.
The Legal Stuff:
Priority VA actively celebrates applicants’ different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages of their journey with us. At Priority VA we are dedicated to learning about each human as an individual and building a diverse, inclusive, and positive workplace. We strive to create human connections between our clients and the most qualified candidates. So if you’ve felt unseen or ignored in your career search previously- don’t worry, we’re excited to meet you!
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate via chat/messaging systems and email. The employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position and occasionally required to move from one location to another. The employee is required to constantly use computer and office productivity equipment such as a desktop computer, laptop, and printer, as well as computer software such as Google Suite for Business.
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.